[vlc-devel] [VLC] #6191: high cpu usage on ts mux output since ver 1.0.0

James Mrozovich bciceman at bctech.net
Wed Feb 22 18:41:08 CET 2012

Thank you for your super fast response!!! :-)

as per your direction I have used file output instead of a network stream,
both 0.9.9 and newest daily worked and created a playable ts file. both
versions did crank the cpu up during the processing.. both took roughly the
same time. I want to add that when outputting to a file VLC will go as fast
as the system can handle and streams to file 1 minute of 1080i content in
11 seconds, while my network multicast will stream the ts in real time, eg.
1 minute of ts yields 1 minute of streaming. so its hard to say that the
processor spike while outputting to file was due to a VLC bug or simply
using all available resources to dump the output file as fast as possible.
included below  are the output strings used for the test.

VLC 0.9.9 Win32
:sout=#duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=ts,dst=C:\Users\owner\Desktop\099.ts}}
11 seconds

VLC Newest 2/22/2012 Win32
:sout=#file{dst=C:\\Users\\owner\\Desktop\\new.ts} :no-sout-rtp-sap
:no-sout-standard-sap :ttl=1 :sout-keep
11 second

--
James Mrozovich
BC Tech
bciceman at bctech.net

This email is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named herein.
It may contain legally privileged and confidential information. If you are
not the intended recipient, or an authorized representative of the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, copying or distribution
of this email and its attachments, if any, is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by
return email and delete this email from your system. Thank you.