[vlc-devel] About VLC on PPC G4 1.25Ghz with 10.5.8.

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 24 11:17:28 CET 2012

Hi Joseph,

On 24.02.2012, at 07:51, Joseph Shammah wrote:

> I have installed VLC 2.0 on my machine, eMac G4 1.25Ghz, with 10.5.8 installed. Whenever I try playing any video, I get red lines and no matter what settings I change, I keep getting the same. I have tried all the possible steps to isolate and it is clearly with 2.0 version only. I did download and installed the version meant for PPC machines.

This is a compatibility issue with the ATI Radeon 9200 graphics card included in your Mac, which wasn't noticed prior to the release, since nobody in the team uses that card.

I'll see if I can provide a fix that in VLC 2.0.1. For the meantime, you'll need to revert to the previous release. Sorry about that.

Best regards,

Felix

--
VideoLAN