[vlc-devel] [Patch] Don't compute a psz_file when something is not a file.

Hugo Beauzée-Luyssen beauze.h at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 03:22:14 CET 2012

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 11:29 PM, Hugo Beauzée-Luyssen
<beauze.h at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> While trying to fix HLS for Win32, I came across what I think to be a problem :
> When a demux is created, a psz_file member is computed, based on the
> mrl : "file://<location>", no matter what <location> is.
> This seems wrong when using, for instance, a HTTP based file.
> However, this only changes something on WIN32 (and probably on OS2),
> as everything that doesn't start with a '\' or doesn't contain
> localhost will be prepended with a double backslash.
>
> Awaiting for your comments! :)
>
> Regards,

Hello again,

After some verifications, either this, or increasing TS demux score is required.
Having psz_file set triggers this test : demux_IsPathExtension(
p_demux, ".m3u8" )
to be true, thus using the playlist demux instead of the TS demux
(which doesn't work that well)

Unless someone objects, I'll probably increase TS demux score so VLC
2.0.1 handles HLS on win32, unless a cleaner solution is found.

Regards,

--
Hugo Beauzée-Luyssen