[vlc-devel] Changes to support lua 5.2

Kelly Anderson kelly at silka.with-linux.com
Sun Jan 1 00:28:31 CET 2012

This patch set supercedes my previous patch.
I found some issues with the previous changes to the lua sources.

I've removed the #include <lua*.h> in the c source files
and made them reliant on the #include <lua*.h> in "vlc.h".
This was necessary to simplify the compatibility between
5.1 and 5.2.  LUA_COMPAT_MODULE has to be defined before
including lua headers (to prevent a major code refactoring)
and a couple of compatibilty defines are defined in vlc.h
for 5.2.

Also 5.2 is more particular with pattern matching escape
characters.  5.1 would allow '\.' whereas 5.2 requires '%.'
It's documented as '%.', so I guess 5.1 was allowing
a technically incorrect format that 5.2 doesn't.

I've been testing with lua 5.2 and everything seems to
work fine with these patches.

More information about the vlc-devel mailing list