[vlc-devel] http live stream filter: FIXME for bandwidth calc in modules/stream_filter/httplive.c

Paul Hawkins hawk at kmpc.net
Tue Jan 3 04:38:18 CET 2012

I have enjoyed my holiday break learning the input stream filter module
http live as I have need of it in my work.

In modules/stream_filter/http_live.c  the Download function has a
comment:  FIXME: we need an average here.

My understanding is the code currently bases it decision on the which
stream to use next by comparing the current calculated  bandwidth it
just got from the download of the last segment with the published b/w of
the stream it just download from.

If this is correct does the FIXME comment mean the author wants to base
decision on an average of bandwidths as determined by some amount of
past downloads?

Cheers.

p.s. this is my first post so I am fresh meat ;-).  If I am asking my
question incorrectly per custom please feel free to offer me a clue. :-)