[vlc-devel] Building from GIT: libaccess_bd_plugin.ver:2: syntax error in VERSION script

Benjamin Vanheuverzwijn bvanheu at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 20:15:41 CET 2012

Hey Remi,

Thanks for your help.

I finally found the problem... I set the environment variable GREP_OPTIONS
to "--color *-n* -T" and it looks like libtool is using "grep" to find
symbols in a "nm" generated file.

libtool: link: /usr/bin/nm -B  .libs/libaccess_bd_plugin_la-bd.o
.libs/libaccess_bd_plugin_la-mpls.o .libs/libaccess_bd_plugin_la-clpi.o
../../../compat/.libs/libcompat.a | sed -n -e 's/^.*[
 ]\([ABCDGIRSTW][ABCDGIRSTW]*\)[         ][
 ]*\([_A-Za-z][_A-Za-z0-9]*\)$/\1 \2 \2/p' | sed '/ __gnu_lto/d' | /bin/sed
's/.* //' | sort | uniq > .libs/libaccess_bd_plugin.exp
libtool: link: */bin/grep -E -e "^vlc_entry"
".libs/libaccess_bd_plugin.exp" > ".libs/libaccess_bd_plugin.expT"*
Curious that the problem arose while building vlc... i used to compile many
things before with autotools.

Sorry for taking your time!

2012/1/15 Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net>

>   Hello,
> On Sunday 15 January 2012, Benjamin Vanheuverzwijn wrote:
> > *Obviously those "15   ^H" shouldn't be there, but i'm not sure how the
> > ".ver" files are generated.*
> The .ver files are automatically generated by libtool. Please check your
> libtool; this does not look like a bug in the VLC build system.
> --
> Rémi Denis-Courmont
> http://www.remlab.info

Benjamin Vanheuverzwijn
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/vlc-devel/attachments/20120115/9067a281/attachment.html>

More information about the vlc-devel mailing list