[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] lua http: dont show pointing to localhost qrcode

Francois Cartegnie fcvlcdev at free.fr
Sat Jan 21 18:13:13 CET 2012

Le 21/01/2012 17:44, Rémi Denis-Courmont a écrit :
> And then the URL could contain private addresses or private DNS names. I don't
> really see the point in this special casing.

The point is avoid following a link not pointing to the service, but
their own mobile device.

We can't do name resolution in js, but we can at least prevent errors
for the usual names/ips.

Aims people not understanding what they're doing.
I assume other ip or names will be used by people with minimal
understanding. (and they must as they also need to edit .hosts)

Francois