[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] fixups.h: added an explicit hack so binaries created on OS X Lion can be executed correctly on Snow Leopard

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri Jan 27 12:19:33 CET 2012

On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 01:17:45 +0100 (CET), git at videolan.org (Felix Paul
Kühne) wrote:
> -#ifndef HAVE_GETDELIM
> +/* we always need our implementation on Darwin, since native support
for
> getline
> + * was added lately to Darwin 11 (OS X Lion) only.
> + * However, we want binaries created on this OS to be executable on
> previous
> + * releases. */
> +#if !defined HAVE_GETDELIM || defined(__APPLE__)

Adding a declaration can only do of one:

a) If the declaration already existed identically: no effects.

b) If the declaration already existed differently: compilation break.

c) If the declaration did not exist: compilation fix *but* link failure.

So overall this makes no sense.

http://www.remlab.net/