[vlc-devel] 2.0.0 Preferences All Video Filters

Kaarlo Räihä kaarlo.raiha at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 13:19:23 CET 2012

2012/1/27 Christoph Miebach <christoph.miebach at web.de>

> Hello!
>
> A screenshot of the preferences menu:
> http://imgur.com/4p5sf
> Scrolling down will show exactly the same under "Video splitter module"
> (the first 6 items are already visible).

Under Win32 builds it is/was Video output filter module. Original point
must been that the other filter section is for local playback and other is
for transcoding (--vout-filter and --video-fiter), but yes, it is confusing
for normal users, since the names don't tell that directly. (and because
certain filters won't work with vout-filter/video-filter)