[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] fixups.h: added an explicit hack so binaries created on OS X Lion can be executed correctly on Snow Leopard

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 27 16:22:05 CET 2012

On 27.01.2012, at 16:02, Rafaël Carré wrote:

> I find that hard to believe, where is it documented?

Taken from Apple's release notes for AppKit on Lion [1]:

NSResizableWindowMask and window title bars

Prior to 10.7, passing NSResizableWindowMask to NSWindow init methods would create the window with a titlebar, as if you had passed NSTitledWindowMask. In 10.7, this is no longer true: passing NSResizableWindowMask without NSTitledWindowMask will create a resizable window with no titlebar. For compatibility, this change only affects applications compiled on 10.7 or later, and only affects windows loaded from nibs that were saved on 10.7.

For maximum compatibility, you should of course specify NSTitledWindowMask whenever you want a window to have a titlebar.

To bring that in context: we use this functionality for the black main window with a custom window title.

Best,

Felix