[vlc-devel] kyrgyz language

Edward Wang edward.c.wang at compdigitec.com
Mon Jul 2 02:08:21 CEST 2012

On 12-06-28 08:49 PM, chingis091 at lavabit.com <chingis091 at lavabit.com>
wrote:
> I want to be the maintainer of the Kyrgyz language.

You can find the .pot file to translate here:
http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=blob_plain;f=po/vlc.pot

Save it as vlc.pot. You can find instructions on how to translate here:
http://www.videolan.org/developers/i18n/vlc-howto.html

Use the software poEdit to edit the .pot file. You can find poEdit here:
http://www.poedit.net/

Save your modified file with all translations as ky.po (kyis the
language code for Kyrgyz), and then send it to the translation
co-coordinators, either xtophe (xtophe AT videolan.org) or No_se -
christoph.miebach AT web.de (replace AT with @)

Addendum from Christophe Miebach:
I could offer the choice of using transifex. You would have to create an
account there and request the creation of a Kyrgyzteam here (only if you
_want_ to use transifex):

https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/vlc-trans/

Thanks,
         Edward Wang