[vlc-devel] OSS meeting calendar

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Jul 3 22:12:32 CEST 2012

	Hello,

The topic was raised at Akademy 2012: LWN maintains a calendar of upcoming
OSS-related conferences and meetings: http://lwn.net/Calendar/ Obviously, the
calender is better filled for the soonest dates than later ones. In fact, VDD
are not even in there.

As far as VLC is concerned, I think conferences with:
- no mandatory fee for volunteer non-presenters,
- with an exposition area, and
- with two or more potential VideoLAN/VLC participants,
are the best suited. To the contrary, talk-only conferences do not give much
opportunities to meet new people.

Personally, I expect ample free time this summer. So I am considering going to
COSCUP 2012 in Taipei next month. If you are also interested, please let me
know.

Best regards,

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis