[vlc-devel] Zero-latency VLC

Maurizio Sciglio maurizio.sciglio at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 11:15:17 CEST 2012

Thanks David.

In my case I'm using x264 with the zerolatency settings for my encoding
back-end.
Being a RTSP/RTP stream, VLC is using the Live555 demux. Can anyone confirm
whether the parameters from the SDP descriptor would affect internal
buffering and introduce latency? I went through the code of Live555 and I
couldn't find any obvious source of internal latency. Any suggestion? I
also tried decreasing the Live555's RTP packet reorder size but I couldn't
notice any difference.

Thanks,
Maurizio