[vlc-devel] About Designing Language Pack for Kannada

Edward Wang edward.c.wang at compdigitec.com
Fri Jul 6 20:49:44 CEST 2012

On 12-07-06 07:06 AM, Lavakara <hjlava at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Team VLC
>
> This is Lavakara from India.I'am a final year engineer student.I want
> to design language Pack for
> Kannada.Which is our regional language having  8 million speakers.
>
> I din't find any localization file on the website.So i request you to
> forward localization file.
You can find the .pot file to translate here:
http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=blob_plain;f=po/vlc.pot

Save it as vlc.pot. You can find instructions on how to translate here:
http://www.videolan.org/developers/i18n/vlc-howto.html

Use the software poEdit to edit the .pot file. You can find poEdit here:
http://www.poedit.net/

Save your modified file with all translations as kn.po (kn is the
language code for Kannada), and then send it to the translation
co-coordinators, either xtophe (xtophe AT videolan.org) or No_se -
christoph.miebach AT web.de (replace AT with @)

Addendum from Christophe Miebach:
I could also offer you the choice of using transifex. You would have to
create an account there and request the creation of a Kannada team here
(only if you _want_ to use transifex):

https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/vlc-trans/

Regards,
         Edward Wang