[vlc-devel] iOS Build patch
jb at videolan.org
Sun Jul 15 23:55:16 CEST 2012
On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 02:46:36PM +0200, Rafaël Carré wrote :
> I don't say they should be mandatory, but after all why not ?
This comes often, so let me say my opinion here:
1) configure.ac/configure should unsure that the binaries are buildable,
to solve FBFS bugs.
- checking that the toolchain is sane (including gibc/mingw version checks)
- correctly setting the OS versions (and the headers) and that means
-D_WIN32_WINNT or -mmacosx-version-min
- using the correct versions for runtimes like __USE_MINGW_ANSI_STDIO
2) configure.sh should be helpers, release builders or recommended
settings. This means:
- mcpu, mtune or whatever not mandatory flags
- SDKs versions and paths...
- optimisations and packager choices
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734
Sent from my Electronic Device
More information about the vlc-devel