[vlc-devel] iOS Build patch

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sun Jul 15 23:55:16 CEST 2012

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 02:46:36PM +0200, Rafaël Carré wrote :
> I don't say they should be mandatory, but after all why not ?

This comes often, so let me say my opinion here:

1) configure.ac/configure should unsure that the binaries are buildable,
  to solve FBFS bugs.
   This means:
   - checking that the toolchain is sane (including gibc/mingw version checks)
   - correctly setting the OS versions (and the headers) and that means
     -D_WIN32_WINNT or -mmacosx-version-min
   - using the correct versions for runtimes like __USE_MINGW_ANSI_STDIO

2) configure.sh should be helpers, release builders or recommended
settings. This means:
   - mcpu, mtune or whatever not mandatory flags
   - SDKs versions and paths...
   - optimisations and packager choices

Best regards,

--