[vlc-devel] DCP ( digital Cinema Package) Module

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Tue Jul 17 16:12:46 CEST 2012

Hello Nicolas,

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 12:17:17PM +0200, Nicolas BERTRAND wrote :
> I want to write a VLC modules who can read DCP (format for digital cinema)

That is a great idea.

> Basically a DCP is a directory with :
> - XML files for meta-data
> - An MXF file for images ( JPEG2000 images)
> - An MXF file for sound ( WAV format)

Indeed. And they should work in latest VLC (although very slow)

> The avcodec can read MXF files.

You meant avformat, here.

> In the access file, I want to  open the 2 MXFs files . How I open It
> ? can I call internally the access/file module. One for each kind of
> media ?
> Then how  i can link it to a demux ? As I have 2 separate files for
> video/sound, maybe I don't need this function ?
> Then send these 2 MXF file to libav for decoding. But where I have
> to manage synchro of sound and image ?

Maybe are you more in the playlist demux case with an input-slave?
I advise you to get a look at the bluray access_demux, btw, where we use
the ts demuxer from the module.

Best regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf