[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] OSS: rewrite and update to OSSv4

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Jul 24 13:26:35 CEST 2012

On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 13:10:12 +0200, Fabian Keil
<freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de> wrote:
> After extracting the audio stream from South Park Season 1 Episode 1
> with mplayer (which I assume takes care of the zero padding you are
> talking about), the stream.dump can be played with vlc without reverting
> the OSS changes starting with 085691 first.

No. I mean the initial/first audio samples need to be postponed until the
correct date depending on the output delay. Otherwise playback starts too
early and never gets in proper synchronization. That can be achieved with
zero padding, with a timer, or with custom trigger parameters.

Sent from my collocated server