[vlc-devel] [vlc thread priority] decode thread priority

Hong Aaron go.aa.hong at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 16:06:52 CEST 2012

Hi,
I am working on porting vlc to http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/ ARM
chip, I test playing 1080p/30Mbps video and scrolling GUI, but video play
become unstable like drop frame sometime.
I modified decode fifo buffer number to 12, as system memory can not afford
20 buffers. As i am using HW decoder, So I raise the decoder thread
priority to high priority( above input and gui thread, but below display
thread), and I tested for decoding time for each frame cost about 12ms,
btw, I set file cache to 5 second.
I want confirm with you guys, Is raising decoder thread priority for HW
decoder and and event flag for decoder to wait method reasonable ? Is there
any side effect ? Any hint to solve the drop frame problem ?

Thanks & Regards,
Aaron