[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] macosx: sort items before adding to playlist over dock icon

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 21:40:30 CEST 2012

On 11.06.2012, at 21:34, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:

> Le lundi 11 juin 2012 19:47:02 David Fuhrmann, vous avez écrit :
>> vlc | branch: master | David Fuhrmann <david.fuhrmann at googlemail.com> | Mon
>> Jun 11 18:45:48 2012 +0200| [cfaaf916909b5483d6128cd6cd9b36deb72779df] |
>> committer: David Fuhrmann
>>
>> macosx: sort items before adding to playlist over dock icon
>
> Oh so now if the user selects the order carefully, VLC just ignores it and
> reorders to its own whim? So cooperative... (<- that is a sarcasm).
>
> Not that I care at all about MacOS. But a lot of users have (rightfully)
> complained about that sort of bug before.

We decided to do it this way, since the Finder provides a random list of files. It never respects the users sorting. An alphabetically one sounds like the most reasonable choice. We are doing the same thing for drag & drop to playlist or the drop zone for quite some time already btw.

Best regards,

Felix