[vlc-devel] VLC build under Windows

Hak Arm hakinternetarm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 13:18:04 CEST 2012

Hi,

Could you please mention how I can build VLC on Windows?

I've downloaded the source code from
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-sources.html the official site but it
doesn't contain anything VS related. It's all for Linux based systems.
I've checked out the latest source code (trunk) from the official
repository(svn://svn.videolan.org/vls). I've found there VS solution file
but got lots of errors (linux related) when built it. I've also linked *
dvbpsi* with vls and done all the steps which are mentioned in *README.win32
* file.

Here are some linux related errors that I get:

Error    17    error C3861: 'execve': identifier not found
..\vlc\trunk\src\server\manager.cpp    752    1    vls

Error    13    error C3861: 'fork': identifier not found
..\vlc\trunk\src\server\manager.cpp    131    1    vls

Error    30    error C3861: 'TWaitForSingleObject': identifier not found
...\vlc\trunk\src\core\thread.cpp    601    1    vls

Could you, please, help me to find out the reason or provide more reliable
code for Windows?

Jack