[vlc-devel] Changing audio volume with scroll wheel behaves strange

Mario Speiß 1034-135 at online.de
Thu Jun 14 21:01:30 CEST 2012

On 14.06.2012 06:26, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 22:12:27 +0200, Mario Speiß<1034-135 at online.de>
> wrote:
>> With the recent changes of the audio output the recent GIT versions of
>> VLC behave strangely when you decrease the volume with the mousewheel to
>
>> 50% for example. Skip to the next playlist item, the sound is still OK.
>> But if I then use the mouse wheel again to decrease the volume, it
>> starts decreasing from 200%! (If I decreased the volume to 75% in the
>> first, it decreases from 150% however).
>> Anyone who experiences this issue, too?
>
> Make sure you are using vlc.git. That was a known bug in VLC 2.0.1.

I just tested different versions from the nighties.

It is problematic with the recent versions (x86 and x64):
http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/win32/vlc-2.1.0-git-20120614-0004-win32-debug
http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/win64/vlc-2.1.0-git-20120614-0402-win64-debug
http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/win32/vlc-2.0.2-20120614-0202/

However, it does NOT occur with the x64 compile from
http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/win64/vlc-2.1.0-20120501-0404/

I verified the issue with clean (i.e. NO) preferences. Besides, I had to
disable the WASAPI plugin as it crashed when the volume is changed. So I
used the directx output.

Regards,
Mario