[vlc-devel] Error compiling VLC for Windows

Sankha Narayan Guria sankha93 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 05:34:42 CEST 2012

Hi,
   I am new to the developers area of VLC. I cloned the source repository
and tried to compile it for Windows via cross-compiling with Mingw on
Linux. I am getting the following error when I execute the "./bootstrap" in
the main vlc directory:

autoreconf2.50: running: aclocal -I m4 --force -I m4
configure.ac:399: error: m4_undefine: undefined macro:
AC_DEPLIBS_CHECK_METHOD
configure.ac:399: the top level
autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
aclocal: /usr/bin/autom4te failed with exit status: 1
autoreconf2.50: aclocal failed with exit status: 1

What is wrong in my system? What should I do to correctly build VLC?

Thanks,
Sankha