[vlc-devel] Tagging 2.0.1...

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sun Mar 4 09:20:53 CET 2012

Le dimanche 4 mars 2012 03:08:52 Brad Smith, vous avez écrit :
> On 02/03/12 9:01 AM, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> > Probably next thursday...
> >
> > Please warm up your patches...
>
> IMO unless the OS X/PPC regressions are fixed this is a pretty
> big showstopper for the release.

A numbers of important errors have been fixed for most platforms, and probably
some more will come in the next days. But to fix all selected MacOS issues,
the release would *yet* again have to be postponed only due to MacOS. This
will annoy users, even MacOS ones.

There are simply far too many bugs for a single person to fix in such a short
time frame. It is clear to me that some MacOS bugs need postponing to a later
milestone. Or then the MacOS and PowerPC fans need to get their act together
and start contributing immediately, instead of relying on Felix.

Oh and I don't think anonymous will fix any bug either. Even if they would, we
reject patches without author anyway:

https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&milestone=2.0.1&group=owner&col=id&col=summary&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=component&col=version&order=priority

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis