[vlc-devel] Queries

supratim chakraborty sup270792 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 20:51:38 CET 2012

1.I noticed in this guys git commit - hes writing this is as his git repo
for gsoc 2011 but how come on clicking the next button the bottom i keep
going back and back and on and on till even 2001 year

http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc/vlc-skelet.git;a=summary

please tell me what this signifies

2.I have a tool with me called gitbash (i installed it when i had to start
using github)

will that do to clone the vlc repo

3. what does this line in the wiki here - http://wiki.videolan.org/Git mean
- 'Voilà! The full VLC history should be on your hard disk in vlc/.'

i dont want all vlc versions i just want the source code for the latest
version(version 2 i guess )

4.and for a beginner how do i fix some small trivial bugs - the bugs listed
here -https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/report/1

with the ones categorized as trivial or normal

do i make the changes and then just create a repo on vlc.2.0 git  ?