[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] V4L2: relicense to LGPL

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sat Mar 10 12:41:04 CET 2012

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 09:25:14AM +0100, Pierre Ynard wrote :
> Yes of course. But I don't remember much talk about which ones were the
> "concerned modules", and which were going to be left out or whatever
> because of unimportance/difficulty/not-wanting-to-LGPL-it

I think that the access/demux/codec/stream_filters/packetizers are the
first obvious group.

Else, it is less obvious:

There is the question about video_filters/video_outputs and the
corresponding audio ones.

There is also a mix group with text_renderers, xml, inhibit, and a fw
others that might be considered as important.

And the SIMD ones.

The rest, I have not given a thought about it.
Would be glad to discuss it in a fashionable manner.

Best regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734