[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] hls: Avoid using errno.

Hugo Beauzée-Luyssen beauze.h at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 15:48:39 CET 2012

2012/3/12 Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net>:
> On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 15:07:53 +0100, Hugo Beauzée-Luyssen
> <beauze.h at gmail.com> wrote:
>> This should be a clean solution. However, Since I remember you had
>> objections about using errno in the past, I'd like a feedback first.
>
> I don't have objections to using errno, and I don't think I ever had.
> Please provide archives link.
>
> --
> Rémi Denis-Courmont
> Sent from my collocated server

I was referring to this mail :
http://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/vlc-devel/2011-May/080104.html
Although I had time to read about errno/thread safety, so using errno
is ok. Although, I don't see the problem using %m, since as far as I
understood, VLC either uses a safe version, or emulates it using
strerror_r.

Anyway, I'll commit the fix.

--
Hugo Beauzée-Luyssen