[vlc-devel] contrib: use Libav by default instead of FFmpeg

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Mon Mar 12 17:03:03 CET 2012

Le 2012-03-12 11:49, Jean-Baptiste Kempf a écrit :
> On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 11:42:33AM -0400, Rafaël Carré wrote :
>> Le 2011-12-29 17:51, Rafaël Carré a écrit :
>>> vlc | branch: master | Rafaël Carré <funman at videolan.org> | Thu Dec 29 17:50:50 2011 -0500| [9dfdda4548cfaceb04d31e9b237c592ac3d22659] | committer: Rafaël Carré
>>>
>>> contrib: use Libav by default instead of FFmpeg
>>>
>>> support is easier to get from Libav devs
>>
>> This seems to cause ticket #6180
>
> Worong. 2.0 seem to use FFmpeg and have the same issue.

I also tested in VLC and still confirms that this fixes the problem.

2.0 binary package seems to use an old (buggy) version of FFmpeg so the
fix might have gone in FFmpeg but not in Libav.

Since FFmpeg merges Libav fixes, it might make sense to use FFmpeg (I
think fenrir suggested FFmpeg a while ago).