[vlc-devel] Changing font name on text_style_t has no effect

Peter Tap ptrtap at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 21 17:52:02 CET 2012

Folks,

I see that the marquee filter uses two different fonts for two different media files. I guess it is looking at some characteristics of the media being played.

For my experiment, I modified marq.c to hard-code the font:

static int CreateFilter( vlc_object_t *p_this )
{
    p_sys->p_style = text_style_New();
    p_sys->p_style->psz_fontname = strdup("Sans Serif");
}

However, this still does not have any effect on the output. I still see multiple fonts being used.

Can someone please tell me what is it that I am missing?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
Peter