[vlc-devel] [RFC] add iOS support to configure

Felix Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 23 02:25:17 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 1:09 AM, Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 08:06:10PM -0400, Rafaël Carré wrote :
>> >
>> > I am not very fan of the first patch: it removes important SDK version
>> > checks. extras/package/*/configure.sh are helpers, not mandatory.
>> >
>> > Best regards,
>>
>> 'gcc' or 'clang' without a SDK restriction should give working binaries.
>
> Without SDK minimal version checks, they would not.

After further investigation, to get iOS working, I just need an option
to disable the "Check for Mac OS X SDK settings" block including
C*FLAG manipulations. IMO, it would make sense to keep this block in
configure.ac, so we don't force the user to use the configure script
and to retain the --with-macosx-sdk option, which is really handy.
For iOS, I can set all the flags I need in the respective build
script. Due to the port's architecture, it will never be necessary to
run configure manually, so that's fine.

Best regards,

Felix