[vlc-devel] [RFC] add iOS support to configure

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 23 10:02:50 CET 2012

On 23.03.2012, at 08:12, Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 02:25:17 +0100, Felix Kühne
> <fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> After further investigation, to get iOS working, I just need an option
>> to disable the "Check for Mac OS X SDK settings" block including
>> C*FLAG manipulations. IMO, it would make sense to keep this block in
>> configure.ac, so we don't force the user to use the configure script
>> and to retain the --with-macosx-sdk option, which is really handy.
>
> This is a piece of crap and you just show once more than MacOS porters
> don't give a shit about maintainability and portability of the code base as
> a whole.

Thanks for the kind as usual follow-up.

My mail detailed the arguments sent by j-b regarding this configure block, who wanted to keep it. As you might have seen, i provided a patch to remove it altogether and move it to a separate script for you to have your peace. Personally, I don't care. Same for your rude and inappropriate attitude.

Felix