[vlc-devel] Big Buck Bunny as unmultiplexed MP4 DASH segments

Robert Forsman bob.forsman at ericsson.com
Fri Mar 23 19:59:24 CET 2012

I have talked about unmultiplexed DASH content in the past, now I'm
publishing some.

http://www.purplefrog.com/~thoth/dash/bbb-480/index.mpd

It is not very adaptive at the moment.  I only have one suitable (H.264
+ ADTS/AAC) source MP4 and haven't bothered to make lower bit rate
versions.  Still, you should have no difficulty mirroring the content
onto a nearby server for testing.

VLC does not yet have the ability to render unmultiplexed DASH content,
so don't expect to be able to play these with VLC.  I am offering them
as sample content for anyone who wishes to expand VLC's support of the
DASH standard.

I also welcome comments and corrections on the syntax and contents of
the metadata in the segments.