[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] lua http: use us_tostring() to fix locale issues with decimals

Pierre Ynard linkfanel at yahoo.fr
Mon Mar 26 00:20:49 CEST 2012

> > I think Rafaël wrote a proper fix for this in contrib a while ago
> > already...

I don't think we should distribute our own version of lua just because
of this. We don't distribute the glibc just to provide a us_asprintf()

> lua uses locale specific decimal separator only if parsing with '.'
> failed iirc.

This is not about parsing decimals, but writing them. And anyway no it
won't parse e.g. "1.2" with a french locale, that's why we already have
a us_tonumber() helper.

--
Pierre Ynard
"Une âme dans un corps, c'est comme un dessin sur une feuille de papier."