[vlc-devel] Patches to work-around __packed__ on iOS

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 26 18:39:52 CEST 2012

Hi Rémi,

On 26.03.2012, at 16:31, "Rémi Denis-Courmont" <remi at remlab.net> wrote:

> Le lundi 26 mars 2012 16:01:19 Felix Paul Kühne, vous avez écrit :
>> Hello,
>>
>> here're 2 patches to work-around __packed__ on iOS, which isn't supported
>> even though the SDK states that it is.
>
> Patch 0006 does not look right.

The rationale behind this patch is that __packed__ works correctly on OS X and is therefore caught by the first #if.
For iOS and hypothetical OS X variants without support for this, my patch is applied. For iOS, pack(4) is correct according to info provided by apple's engineers on their subscription-only forums.

If you still consider this patch as wrong, please give details why.

Thanks!

Felix

P.S. any feedback on the previously posted patches targeting /contrib?