[vlc-devel] Proper way to call var_SetInteger

Peter Tap ptrtap at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 28 01:09:28 CEST 2012

Folks,

I am trying to understand how to set an integer field from one module to another.

My first module exposes an integer value:
   myval = var_CreateGetIntegerCommand(p_obj, "mytest-val");
   var_AddCallback(p_obj, "mytest-val", MyCallback, p_myData);

The second module needs to set the value for "mytest-val." I am guessing a call to var_SetInteger is in order:

var_SetInteger(p_obj, ...)

The problem is, the first parameter to var_SetInteger should be the object associated with the first module. How does one obtain this object?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
Peter