[vlc-devel] [Patches]: Video Decoder Acceleration (VDA) avcodec module for Mac OS X

Sebastien Zwickert dilaroga at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 13:31:16 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Mar 26, 2012, at 12:35 PM, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> Hello Sebastien,
> On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 04:34:14PM +0200, Sebastien Zwickert wrote :
>> Patch in attachment updated with minors changes and the availability to
>> select the VDA output pixel format in the users's settings.
> Why do we need that?

There's no meaningful perf diff between the one or the other pixel format
supported by vda.c module.
y420 pixel format avoid a dependency to swscale, the color space conversion
is done by VDA.
If there's any chance to have a core video video_output module to render core
video buffer, thus 2vuy will be the best choice because it won't do no color space
conversion at all. Otherwise 2vuy support can be disabled and removed from
users settings and even thrown to have a lighter vda codebase.
Probably, the user don't care about this. For me it was helpful to have easy
access to this param during the testing steps.

> Could you licence your new file to LGPL or are you against it?

LGPL'ised locally.

Best regards,
Sebastien.