[vlc-devel] new language translationi

Edward Wang edward.c.wang at compdigitec.com
Fri May 4 23:31:19 CEST 2012

On 12-05-04 08:14 AM, adem keddi <ademkeddi at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
>
> My name is Adem Keddi. I want to translate VLC Media Player to Oromo
> language.
> But Oromo language is not found in the  list of translation languages.
> Please, send me the localization file for Oromo language.
>
> Thank,
> Adem Keddi.

Hi Adem Keddi:

You can find the .pot file to translate here:
http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=blob_plain;f=po/vlc.pot;h=7119276a5128a8173722e8b26d65d4e07a1afb66;hb=HEAD

Save it as vlc.pot. You can find instructions on how to translate here:
http://www.videolan.org/developers/i18n/vlc-howto.html

Use the software poEdit to edit the .pot file. You can find poEdit here:
http://www.poedit.net/

Save your modified file with all translations as om.po (om is the
langauge code for Oromo), and then send it to translation
co-coordinators, either xtophe (xtophe AT videolan.org) or No_se -
christoph.miebach AT web.de (replace AT with @)

Regards,
     Edward Wang