[vlc-devel] VideoLAN Dev Days 2012
remi at remlab.net
Mon May 7 17:56:00 CEST 2012
Le vendredi 4 mai 2012 15:38:48 Jean-Baptiste Kempf, vous avez écrit :
> So far, the plan is to [hold VDD] on the first week-end of September
> 2012 in Paris, France. This should not conflict with IBC.
> Interested? Thoughts?
The timing is good given that:
- It is not the summer vacation period when long distance travel comes at a
premium, and a number of potential attendees are unavailable.
- It is not in winter when long distance travel is unreliable.
- It is time-distant from FOSDEM.
- It is not in the school year when students have problems attending.
- It is on a week-end which is easier for hobbyists.
However, it comes straight after the colocated LinuxCon and LPC though I don't
know if this generates a conflict for anyone.
Then I guess Paris is the most economical location, or isn't it? Being purely
technical, I suppose PR impact is not an argument for alternating locations.
Then boredom is my only objection to holding the meeting in the same city for
the 4th consecutive time out of 4 total.
I have nothing very concrete to suggest, other than to call for hosts,
especially if moving is an option.
More information about the vlc-devel