[vlc-devel] Severe A/V asynchronous with hardware acceleration on android

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon May 7 21:55:11 CEST 2012

Le vendredi 4 mai 2012 11:08:52 ScottLin, vous avez écrit :
> But when I turn on the hardware acceleration, I see severe audio and video
> asynchronous for the same HD file.
> Even for a SD file, there is still a slight a/v async.

Neither the Android OpenSLES output in the official VLC tree, nor the Android
"audio track" output in the Android port tree, perform any attempt at play
time synchronization.

Thus, it is pure luck if lips appear synchronized on Android in any case.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis