[vlc-devel] Severe A/V asynchronous with hardware acceleration on android

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue May 8 08:38:30 CEST 2012

On Tue, 8 May 2012 09:24:58 +0800, ScottLin <scottlin at condel-tech.com>
wrote:
>> Thus, it is pure luck if lips appear synchronized on Android in any
case.

> Do you mean that the a/v sync in SW mode is just luck?

If you mean audio/video synchronization, also colloqually known as lip
sync, then yes. It is pure luck that the audio looks is in sync. Most
probably if you change the caching value, it will break.

> I see decoder_synchro.c is for frame drop.
> And (p)ts in decoder.c is for synchronization.
> Don't them apply for Android port?

That code computes the intended PTS. Rendering the sample at the requested
PTS is the responsibility of the audio output plugin (and the video output
core).

Sent from my collocated server