[vlc-devel] Special Characters in -I rc

Cyrus Vafadari cyrusv at mit.edu
Wed May 9 03:42:02 CEST 2012

I am having trouble running the command
"add file:///home/sookbox/media/florence+themachine/dog Days Are Over.m4a."

My command works for all file names not including a "+". After searching
the bug, I found a very fishy line where the + is just dropped.

This is the fishy line from the logs. Note that the "+" symbol disappears
in the file name:

main debug: `file:///home/sookbox/media/florence+themachine/dog Days Are
Over.m4a' gives access `file' demux `' path `/home/sookbox/media/florence
themachine/dog Days Are Over.m4a'

I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 Server 64-bit
VLC version 1.0.6 Goldeneye (I believe this is the stable one for 10.04)