[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] macosx: run on first thread directly, like already done by Qt4

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at gmail.com
Wed May 9 13:31:18 CEST 2012

On 09.05.2012, at 12:35, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:

> On Wed, 9 May 2012 12:27:22 +0200, Felix Paul Kühne
> <fkuehne.videolan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So you are interested in breaking working code, but aren't in fixing it
>> correctly so people can actually take benefit from your contribution?
> This
>> is an interesting concept.
>
> The code was broken in one way, it is still broken, albeit possibly in
> another way. I have explained why I will not fix it and why I disclaim
> responsibility. I have nothing to add.

Okay, then, I hereby request these 2 commits to be reverted, since:
- they were not tested at all
- they block an entire port from being developed any further
- the author is not willing to improve the current situation

You are absolutely welcome to add these patches to a ticket on trac, so people with the needed devices and knowledge can work on it and submit a working solution afterwards.

Just FYI: to fix the use of the QTKit modules without the Mac interface (aka with -I rc / -I dummy or through libvlc/VLCKit), there are different approaches of reclaiming the main thread through Cocoa, which are already used throughout the Mac video output module. So, your patches aren't related to this problem.

Best regards,

Felix