[vlc-devel] Is there a way to disable keyboard with vlc?

Mirsal Ennaime mirsal at videolan.org
Thu May 10 06:44:57 CEST 2012

Hi Peter,

On Wed, 2012-05-09 at 14:53 -0700, Peter Tap wrote:
> We control VLC from our application, including starting and stopping VLC.
> When VLC is launched, we don't want the users do anything with the keyboard within VLC.
> Is there a way to disable keyboard shortcuts (and possibly mouse) for VLC?

$ vlc -Idummy --no-mouse-events --no-keyboard-events <URI>

By the way, vlc --longhelp --advanced prints a list of all available
command-line arguments along with their documentation.

Note that this is not a user support list, please use the web forums at
http://forum.videolan.org/ for that purpose.

Best regards,

--
mirsal