[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] video_filter/scene.c: write pictures in a separate thread.

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu May 10 14:41:22 CEST 2012

On Thu, 10 May 2012 14:05:05 +0200 (CEST), git at videolan.org (Jean-Paul
Saman) wrote:
> vlc | branch: master | Jean-Paul Saman <jpsaman at videolan.org> | Thu May
10
> 14:02:50 2012 +0200| [8bc285bddde1e47a6df1ddf1ae35acf3432b6478] |
> committer: Jean-Paul Saman
>
> video_filter/scene.c: write pictures in a separate thread.
>
> Improve scene video filter to write pictures in a separate thread.

This introduces the same bug that someone else already pointed out in
transcode (IIRC). VLC will accumulate pictures in the FIFO with no limits.
With luck, VLC will it get OOM-killed. Without it, the whole system will
crash under heavy load.

Also I think the state machine can get into a deadlock now.