[vlc-devel] Image file duration in .m3u file is being ignored

Peter Tap ptrtap at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 01:30:24 CEST 2012

Folks,

I am using VLC 1.1.12.

I need to display a few static images before starting a movie in VLC. For this, I created a .m3u playlist manually. Here is an example:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF: 10, /home/peter/image00.jpg
/home/peter/image00.jpg
#EXTINF: 10, /home/peter/image01.jpg
/home/peter/image01.jpg
/home/peter/mymovie.mp4

However, when I play this playlist, the images are displayed for just a fraction of a second irrespective of the setting I have in the playlist.

Debugging through modules/demux/playlist/m3u.c, I noticed that the duration is being read correctly and is being passed on to input_item_NewExt. However, it appears some other part is simply ignoring the duration option.

I am wondering if there is a fix or a workaround for this problem.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
Peter