[vlc-devel] How to resize video when render to custom are in memory

Łukasz Korbel korbel85 at gmail.com
Wed May 23 21:46:03 CEST 2012

Hi,

Im using vlc to render video frames directly to some memory buffer.
I need to be able to resize video while media is playing. Function
libvlc_video_set_scale doesn't work for this (i assume its working
when vlc is connected to os native window).
The only other function I've found that allows resizing is
libvlc_video_set_format, which is used when initializing decoding. The
problem is it will take no effect until media is playing so its not
enough (It "works" when i stop, set format and play but its really
stupid;))
In the end i want to add that connecting to window of any window
system is not an option for me. Please give me some clues. Maybe there
is another way or this is limitation of API. If the second then maybe
it can be improved?

Thanks in adcance,
Łukasz Korbel