[vlc-devel] Can I load two modules of the same capability?

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri May 25 08:39:54 CEST 2012

   Hello,

On Thu, 24 May 2012 13:21:27 +0800, Yichi Liu <lycbupt at gmail.com> wrote:
> As far as I know, the RTP module is also categorized under ACCESS
modules,
> so here's the problem: *is it feasible to load another access module in
> pipeline when you have already loaded one? *Or should I code the two
> modules in one?

You can always instatiate a module manually by calling module_need() or
one of the existing wrappers. For instance, access_New() creates a new
instance of an access module. But then you need to use the module instance
from your code somehow. What you cannot do is insert a random module
instance in the core. Furthermore, RTP is not an access, it's a combined
access_demux.

A single input can have more than one input stream, using slave inputs.
But I don't know if that will work in your case; I doubt it.

Sent from my collocated server