[vlc-devel] Buffering when reading live HTTP streams

Steinar H. Gunderson sgunderson at bigfoot.com
Tue May 29 17:20:24 CEST 2012

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 11:04:50AM +0200, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
> So, I guess my question then is: Exactly why does the timing go haywire if
> I turn off pace control? And is there anything to do about it?

OK, it seems I can't expect anyone to jump up and come up with a magical fix
here, so what about a temporary hotfix? The UDP module already increases the
receive buffers to 512 kB, so maybe we can do the same thing for the TCP
module? That would at least hide the problem most of the time, as long as the
user doesn't try to pause the stream.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/