[vlc-devel] VLC and rtmp

Nelson Perez bilthon at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 16:15:44 CET 2012

Hi there, I've downloaded a copy from the VLC port to android (that I found
at git://git.videolan.org/vlc-ports/android.git) and it works perfectly on
my galaxy tab 7.

I'm currently most interested in grabbing some rtmp streams, and it does
the job like no one, seriously, excellent. But I have a problem, some of my
streams require the pageUrl parameter to be set to the origin URL. I've
tryied a couple of things, but nothing seems to work. I even browsed
through the files and found that the parameter seems to be used here:

vlc/contrib/android/ffmpeg/libavformat/rtmpproto.c

Then in a naive attempt I just set the pageurl attribute of the RTMPContext
struct to the hardcoded value I know would make my sever accept it. But I
got nothing. What is more, it seems like the VLC is not using this code at
all.

I did some research with the rtmpdump before, but I've never seen the VLC
code before, so is there an easy way make VLC connect with this extra
parameter? is it already possible to do that? and if not, where should I
start looking if I want to add this feature?

Thanks
Nelson R. Perez