[vlc-devel] How to create a field that is accessible by multiple modules

Peter Tap ptrtap at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 16 03:19:43 CET 2012

Remi,

Thank you for your help.

I think this is not entirely true. Although each object may have its own independent dictionary, there is some way for others to get/set the values. If you look at gui/qt4, it is able to dynamically build preferences UI by obtaining all the key/values from all the modules. Also, the remote control interface (control/rc.c) has a way to get/set value for any other module's field. You can enter a command "@name marq-x value," for example within the remote control interface and set the "x" position value for marquee control.

It is just that I am not able to figure out how exactly they are achieving this.

Regards,
Peter