[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Avcodec: set the dsp_mask for NEON too
jb at videolan.org
Mon Oct 1 17:44:55 CEST 2012
On Mon, Oct 01, 2012 at 06:34:38PM +0300, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote :
> > To be honest, the nVidia Tegra2 is what is worrying me, on Android,
> > because of the package management that does not discriminate against
> > NEON.
> Oh, I am all for run-time NEON support. VLC itself should be fine nowadays.
- VLC modules are fine (a fix was needed for one non-merged filter)
- VLC contribs that have NEON in grep
- GnuTLS uses libneon (not related to NEON ;) )
- postproc does not have any NEON code
- png and orc (for schroedinger) seem to have the same NEON runtime detection
- speex resampler has no runtime detection, but this module is not
- mpeg2 does not have any auto-detection but flags passing that seem
libavcodec is complex, since we use dsp_mask, which is unused those
days. av_set_cpu_flags_mask should be used, probably.
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734
Sent from my Electronic Device
More information about the vlc-devel